International Tax Services
Technological breakthroughs over the last century have resulted in unprecedented mobility between countries and continents. Availability of low-cost broadband internet has rendered global communication an afterthought and allowed small and mid-size businesses to take advantage of global markets. International commerce is no longer the sole privilege of large multinational companies.
Businesses and individuals operating internationally may find themselves subject to the tax laws of multiple jurisdictions. While each country has its own, unique tax system and regulations, complying with the U.S. international tax laws is probably the most complex. Navigating the rules for cross-border transactions requires comprehensive tax planning and strategies to ensure tax efficiency as well as compliance.
HBK offers comprehensive support for individuals and businesses conducting cross-border transactions. We are here to listen and help. Our services include but not limited to:
- Assistance with U.S. foreign tax compliance of U.S. residents
- Assistance with tax compliance and consulting for Nonresident Aliens
- Assistance with information reporting requirements in relation to FDAP income
- Foreign financial reporting: Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBARs)
- Assistance with Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA) requirements
- Cross-border tax planning and structuring
- Preimmigration planning
- Tax amnesty filings (i.e., IRS Voluntary Disclosure Program participation)
- Transfer pricing
- International indirect taxation (i.e., VAT)
- Customs and international trade services
- Global Information reporting (i.e., FATCA, CRS, etc.)
HBK is a member of BDO Alliance USA network, the world’s fifth largest accounting and consulting network, giving us access to accounting and tax experts worldwide to assist with your global tax issues.