James M. Rosa, CPA, PFS
Principal, Tax Advisory Group | Youngstown, Ohio
Jim is a Principal in the Tax Advisory Group in the Youngstown, Ohio office of HBK CPAs & Consultants and has been with the firm since 1986. He has extensive experience in personal and estate planning, charitable planning, tax-exempt organizations and individual tax and financial planning. Jim earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration for the University of Toledo and the Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) designation, which is awarded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants to recognize CPAs who provide financial planning service. Jim also has experience in tax policies, procedures and resources, which HBK uses in their tax practices. He provides counsel to high-net worth individuals throughout HBK. He is one of the firm’s preeminent presenters and specializes in addressing business owners and individuals on topics such as the Affordable Care Act, Shale energy planning, charitable giving opportunities, estate and gift planning and exempt organization issues.
- BS Degree in Business Administration from the University of Toledo
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), including the Tax Division and Personal Financial Planning Division
- Member, Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Board Chair and Finance Committee Chair, Lumen Christi Catholic Schools
- Board Member, Diocese of Youngstown Foundation
- Board Member and Past President, Mahoning Valley Economic Development Corporation
- Past Board Member and Past President, Boardman Community Foundation, Inc.
- Board Member and Past Chair, Talk is Cheap, Inc.
- Member and Past President, Mahoning-Shenango Valley Estate Planning Council
- Past Member, Planning Committee, Review Committee and Endowment Committee of Youngstown/Mahoning Valley United Way
- Past Chair, Boardman Township Business Advisory Committee
- St. Charles Church: Past Member of Finance Committee, Building Committee and Endowment Committee and Chair of "Enhancing Our Ministry" Fundraising Campaign
- Past Member, Youngstown Catholic Diocesan Board of Education
- Past Member, Boardman Rotary
- Past Member, Youngstown Chamber of Commerce Small Business Committee
- Class of 1992 Leadership Mahoning Valley