As computing technology continues to evolve, organizations and their employees are enjoying the benefits, like working from anywhere, on any device, at any time. However, there are risks associated with the use of such tools, including data leaks.
Concerns regarding the use of email to exfiltrate sensitive data from the organization drove the creation of a new category of data protection referred to as Data Loss Prevention, or DLP. With organizations becoming evermore borderless through the adoption of collaboration tools and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, data risk continues to grow.
Our November 24 Risk Advisory Services webinar, “Data Leaks & Outsourced Communication Applications,” will feature a discussion of how to use a secure communication stack to reduce your risk exposure. We will cover:
- Common privacy laws and their implications for data governance
- The characteristics of poor data governance and the related cybersecurity implications
- The common types of PHI, PII, and sensitive data under most regulatory regimes
- Recommendations for identifying and preventing sensitive data leaks when using common SaaS applications
- The principles of a secure technology stack
Bill Heaven and data security and privacy expert Yasir Ali, founder and CEO of Polymer, share insights on limiting your risk exposure while employing cloud and third-party SaaS applications.