Nonprofit and Government Accounting Services
HBK serves a number of not-for-profit and government subsidized organizations. The firm’s specialized industry knowledge permits us to tailor audit procedures to fit your specific needs. We will work together with you to ensure all requirements are met to maintain your tax-exempt status and monitor the constantly changing tax laws affecting the industry.
Not-For-Profit and Government Compliance Auditing and Reporting
HBK possesses experience in performing and reporting on financial statement and compliance engagements conducted in accordance with:
- The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s Government Auditing Standards (the Yellow Book)
- The Single Audit Act Amendments of 1996 and the Office of Management and Budget Circular A-133 (Single Audit)
- The Ohio Compliance Supplement
- The Florida Single Audit Act
- The Pennsylvania Bureau of Charitable Organizations
Since a major focus of Yellow Book and Single Audit engagements surround an entity’s internal control over its financial reporting and compliance with respective laws, regulations, contracts and agreements, HBK attempts to utilize dual purpose tests of controls and compliance to efficiently complete engagements in accordance with these standards, while also effectively examining the processes and controls which exist within an entity.
Click here to review the Guide to Effective Audit Committees for Nonprofit Organizations
Some of our not-for-profit clients include:
- Civic and social organizations
- Grantmaking foundations
- Environment, conservation and wildlife organizations
- Labor unions
- Religious organizations
- Business associations
- Voluntary health organizations
We work with clients in nonprofit and government on a daily basis to help them improve their businesses.
We can do the same for you.