Host: William J. Heaven, CPA/CITP, CISA, CSCP, Senior Manager
Date: September 22, 2021
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Your company president with assistance from the head of operations just finished a confidential proposal to acquire a business based in California that will more than double your market share and revenue. Should you also send a copy of the proposal to your top three competitors?
Of course not. But that could be exactly what you are doing if you don’t properly dispose of the data or data storage device used in drafting your proposal. A Data Destruction Policy is a prerequisite for limiting your exposure to common and potentially devastating risks to your business, including:
- Reputation loss
- Loss of intellectual property, sensitive employee or customer data
- Regulatory fines and penalties
- Fraud Source—externally, or internally by employees
Our September 22 Risk Advisory Services webinar, a discussion of how a Data Destruction Policy can serve to reduce your risk exposure, will cover:
- Key Data Destruction terms and definitions
- A case study where business data was not properly disposed
- Available options to dispose of data and/or devices
- Benefits of working with a Data Destruction company
- Suggestions on how to develop your own Data Destruction Policy
Use the following link to register for “The Risks of Not Having a Business Data Destruction Policy,” September 22, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.